Friday, September 14, 2012 | By: Unknown

{Review} The Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt

The Chosen Ones
by Tiffany Truitt
Series: The Lost Souls #1
Published: June 12th 2012
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
ISBN: 1620610000 (ISBN13: 9781620610008)
Pages: 400
Source: Bought Myself
Reading Level: 17 and up
Shelf Award: Original, 2012 Favorites
Rating:  5 Stars
Where To Buy: TBD ChaptersIndigo
Goodreads Summary:
Life is bleak but uncomplicated for sixteen-year-old Tess, living in a not-too-distant future where the government, faced with humanity's extinction, created the Chosen Ones, artificial beings who are extraordinarily beautiful, unbelievably strong, and unabashedly deadly.
When Tess begins work at Templeton, a Chosen Ones training facility, she meets James, and the attraction is immediate in its intensity, overwhelming in its danger. But there is more to Templeton than Tess ever knew. Can she stand against her oppressors, even if it means giving up the only happiness in her life?

My Thoughts: 

Cover Love: I admit it. I first fell in love with the cover. It has a beautiful desperation feel to it. 5 out 5 cover stars!

Review: I went into this book with high hopes! And I was not disappointed! I mean, finishing any book in a single day is an ode to it's awesomeness!
In The Chosen Ones we meet Tess who at first seems like an emotionless bitter young woman who's forced into a life of servitude to the Chosen Ones (genetically engineered supermen), but as I read on I realized it was a mask, an identity Tess puts up so she doesn't follow in her sister's footsteps, fall in love, get pregnant then ultimately die. She is a perfectionist and likes to think she is a logical and rational person but really she is a sweet and caring young woman. Not once did her behaviour annoy me because I was able to connect deeply with her early on in the book and so I understood why she sometimes acted cold and distant.
Plot-wise, it was one of the most awe-inspiring books I had the chance to read in 2012. It was wonderfully executed with twists and turns you couldn't have seen coming from a foot away!
The world building was also flawlessly done! In this world humans/naturals are cast aside so the Chosen Ones can save their world. But with the birth rate of Naturals virtually at a 0 the Chosen Ones are taking over, rendering the Naturals irrelevant.
Locally; Templeton is a chilling world, the place were the Chosen Ones are created, educated and housed Templeton is a compound shrouded in mystery some of which light starts to be shed upon during the book.
And of course no dystopia would be complete without a resistance of some sort... But I don't want to give up too much so read this book if you haven't already!

Bottom Line:

A wonderful dystopian thriller fuelled by individuality, freedom and of course, love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd Love to hear what you think! Each comment makes me smile! So go ahead and comment your heart out! :-)