Thursday, May 31, 2012 | By: Unknown

{Review} Die For Me by Amy Plum

Die For Me
by Amy Plum
Series: Revenants #1
Published: May 10th 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
ISBN: 0062004018 (ISBN13: 9780062004017)
Pages: 341
Source: Bought Myself
Reading Level: 15+
Shelf Award: Lovely Romance/ Original Concept
Rating: 4.5
Where To Buy: TBD Chapters Indigo
Summary from Goodreads:In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.
When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.
Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.
My Thoughts:
Cover Love: Pretty flourishes, beautiful dress, seems nostalgic to me. It's a beautiful cover but the book is better.

Review: 
A whimsical romance with a supernatural twist you will not see coming!
Yes, I cried, more than one. Luckily I was at home and no one saw me because I was all like this But more ladylike:

In all seriousness, it did take me until the second try to read it. Why? No clue! It was great! I think it might be because the pacing in the first 2-3 chapters is a little slow but it picks right up and then I was hooked to every word.
Kate is truly a troubled heroine and you can definitely feel her pain and confusion. Her inner struggle is a BIG part of this emotional novel.
Finding out about what exactly what Vincent was all about truly through me for a loop because i never expected it and honestly took a while to understand it since it was so very weird.
Anyways, I won't say much for the sake of those who've yet to read it but the idea of Revenants, is completely and utterly unlike ANYTHING I have ever read before!
You want more on Vincent? OF COURSE YOU DO!
He is officially the most concerned and romantic book boy/guy/man I have ever encountered. Oh yeah he made me sigh so many times my mom thought I was having an asthma attack when I brought the book over at family dinner.  
And as setting we have Paris! Wonderful, legendary Paris. Mon Amour, Je T' Adore! How refreshing it was to experience! 

 So did you read it? Did you like it? Do you want to read it?

3 comments:

Vegan YA Nerds said...

This is a series that I ignored when it was released last year, I didn't know much about it and nothing about the cover made me want to find out. Your review changes that for me, I love that this is different to everything out right now and you've convinced me to read it!

Arianne said...

I wanted to read this book because of the hype. But after reading some reviews and the word "zombie", I'm not so sure lol

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

i haven't read this book yet, but it definitely sounds like something I"m going to enjoy! I have a copy that I've been wanting to read, so I'm excited to finally get to it!

Post a Comment

I'd Love to hear what you think! Each comment makes me smile! So go ahead and comment your heart out! :-)