Monday, June 4, 2012 | By: Unknown

A Bit About A Book Blogger! (1)

A Bit About A Book Blogger is basically me giving some of my favorite book lovers and bloggers some well deserved spotlight! I think it's important to make someone feel good and proud of their accomplishments every once in a while. I know many do Book Blogger Interviews and I always admired that. I though I might join in! I will try to have this as a regular feature on every Monday. If you'd like to be featured and interviewed You can contact me with your info! I want to know all of you!
My first ever interviewee is Linda or Lindsay or Laura or Lily Lolipop etc. who is co-blogger with Rie at www.missiontoread.com and a wonderfully entertaining Twitterer!

Bio: The elusive Linda-saurus is a mover and shaker by day, book ninja by night. Only native to Florida. Afraid of small children and their germy hands. Has affinity for the elderly. Can be found lost in her imagination. Beware of her sarcastic humor.
Twitter: @Book_Ninja 

So Linda, How long have you been a book lover and what is it that made you decide to start blogging?
I’ve been a book lover since I can remember. Well, since I learned English and all that jazz. I discovered the wonderful world of blogs just two years ago and fell in love. Never had the guts to create my own book blog until I ran across a post wanting bloggers. I started blogging fall 2011, being a contributor for Mission to Read with Rie. She’s the best!

What kind of person are you outside of the Book Blogging world?
I’m part psycho, part OCD mental patient, and 150% perfectionist. I’m joking. Mostly. Right now, college is kicking my butt and I spend most of my free time on twitter or being dragged off to do crazy things with my friends. Oh yeah, I put the “PRO” in procrastinate.

I hear you have a multitude of names? Care to elaborate?
Because Linda is such a hard name to remember, I also let random people call me a variety of other nicknames. This includes Lindsay, Laura, Lisa and the ever famous, Peter. Melina gets to call me Lily Lollipop. A fellow blogger has also dubbed me Joan Banana Flickerman.

What is a notable book you Just KNOW you will remember forever?The Fault in Our Stars! John Green knows how to pull on your heartstrings. I spent a whole week alternating between crying into my beloved copy and laughing my head off. This book and its quirky characters continue to amaze me. For me, this is John Green’s masterpiece. DFTBA!

If you had to choose only one book character as a BFF who would it be?
Um…I really have no idea. Not really sure I want a kickass BFF like Rose from the VA series or Katniss. Wouldn’t want a whiny brat so common in YA books either. Now that I think about it, I call dibs on Noah from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer to be my best friend. We’ll rock the world together. Or blow up each others' houses.

Do you have any odd bookish habits?
I DO NOT bend my spines, dog-ear my pages, or leave my books out in the rain for my imaginary dog to eat. The OCD in me gets a little crazy when my friends do. Also, I prefer hardback to paperback. A much better weapon against people who interrupt me when reading.

Quickly!! You have to name 5 books off the top of your head right now! GO!
Everneath by Brodi Ashton
Pride and Prejudice
In Honor by Jessi Kirby
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
The Great Gatsby

Cake or Pie?
Pie or die!!!

Favorite color?
Blue but I haven’t picked out the exact hue yet.

Name 3 non bookish things about yourself?
I really love cats. In fact, I stalk them.
I love sneaking up behind my friends.
Without my glasses, I’m pretty much useless.

Thanks for having me! Best first-time interview experience ever!

The End

2 comments:

Arianne said...

I don't dog ear my pages either or bend the spine. I want to keep the original condition as much as I can.

Vegan YA Nerds said...

I love that Linda loves cats, yay! And Rose really would make a great bff!

Post a Comment

I'd Love to hear what you think! Each comment makes me smile! So go ahead and comment your heart out! :-)